Everyone loves vacation but we understand that they can sometimes get a bit pricey. There’s no need to go broke while on vacation. If you’re looking to plan a budget friendly vacation take a look at these top tips to help you save money during the process.
Plan For A Vacation Rental Vs Hotel
1) If you plan on staying at your destination for longer than a night or two, look into a vacation rental home vs a hotel. Vacation homes tend to be more budget friendly for a family or traveling friends. Not to mention you will have the use of a kitchen to keep your costs down by cooking meals yourself, more options for sleeping arrangements, privacy, and so much more. Read more about why renting a vacation rental home is more budget-friendly than a hotel here.
Fully Equipped Kitchen
2) Find a rental unit with a fully equipped kitchen. As mentioned above, cooking your own meals will help you save money by cutting costs for dining out. Not every meal, every day needs to be home cooked but planning for one meal a day at home can save you a lot of money. Especially if you have a large family or at your destination for longer than a week.
Off Season Traveling
3) Travel during the offseason. Everyone wants to visit Florida during the winter months to get away from the snow and cold. When demand is high, vacation rental prices go up as well. Maybe, consider visiting Florida during the summer or fall months. Most Florida vacation home rentals will show a decrease in price from May until December.
Talk to the Locals
4) Talk to the locals. Get insider tips and places to visit from the locals around town. They will have a vast understanding of what events are going, where the best deals are, and what places to avoid.
Free Activities & Attractions
5) Do the free stuff. There are always plenty of free activities and attractions to see and do anywhere you visit. Again, ask the locals, check with the vacation rental company, look in guest books or search online. You’ll be surprised at the many deals and coupons you may be able to find.