Heading to the Sarasota area soon and looking for date night activities to plan? Don’t stress we’re here for you. Date night planning is easy, you only need 3 things. 1) Significant other, 2) Destination (Sarasota..check), and 3) activities, which we will provide you. See how simple that was, your planning is complete! Sarasota is a wonderful city with awesome nightlife, romantic restaurants, and endless adventures for two to enjoy. Let’s take a look at our top 10 list of date night activities in Sarasota.
Top 10 Date Night Activities
1. Can I get a sunset for two? What could be more romantic than watching the gulf coast sunsets as your date night? Plan a picnic on the beach with all of the essentials like a blanket, wine, snacks, music and relax on any of our local area beaches listed here. Looking to make it an even more romantic night? Take a night stroll along the beach walking in the moonlight, it doesn’t get more romantic than that.
2. Speaking of sunsets, check out the sunset cruises at Marina Jacks for a date night. These evening or lunch cruises travel through the inter coastal waters of the gulf while enjoying amazing views, delicious food and live entertainment. This would be the perfect date for the couple looking to explore the gulf while enjoying amazing fresh food.
3. Looking to stay on land instead? How about visiting the famous St. Armands Circle for the night. The circle offers endless activities to do while on your date night, including shopping, dinner, dessert and plenty of live entertainment. There is something to do for every type of couple including jazz bands, local bars, and romantic eats. Not to mention, Lido beach is a short walk away form the circle, so you could take that evening walk we talked about earlier.
4. If you are wanting a more lively seen try heading out to Downtown Sarasota for your date night. You will be able to spend the whole night here between the endless restaurants and local bars. Downtown Sarasota also features a few great night clubs that include the Gator Club and Clasico. You and your date are bound to have an amazing time and will meet plenty of people.
5. What would date night be without Restaurants? A date night almost always consists of dinner at a romantic restaurant. We have come up with a few of our Sarasota favorites which include the Chart House, Indigenous, Selva Grill, and The Capital Grill. The restaurants serve delicious meals and offer a romantic atmosphere, you and your significant other will leave happy and full, no questions.
6. Do you and your significant other enjoy a good laugh? If so McCurdy’s Comedy Club is surely the way to go on your date night. At McCurdy’s you will be able to enjoy a good act, dinner, dessert and amazing cocktails and beer. Be prepared to laugh until your stomach hurts all while enjoying the company of your date and a great atmosphere.
7. For those couples who enjoy a more laid back environment, how about trying dinner and a movie? Cine bistro in Sarasota offers just that. This theater is equipped with comfortable reclining chairs, the newest movies and of course amazing entrees to choose from. You cant go wrong with a dinner and a movie for date night.
8. Feeling Artsy? Try Painting With A Twist for date night. This fun art studio allows you to BYOB and food during the 2 or 3 hour paint class. Choose your favorite painting from the event calendar and make it your own in this fun exciting art class. Local Artists are there to help assist you while you’re painting your masterpieces. The art classes are tons of fun and allow for a relaxing evening doing what you love. Even if you are not a great artist this will be fun for everyone and you will leave with a great piece of art.
9. Are you a competitive couple that loves to out win one another? If so, Livingston’s is the perfect place for you and your date. Livingston’s features an arcade, billiards, bumper cars, go karts and much more. This is the ultimate place to come have fun, have a drink, socialize and unwind. Also, if you can earn enough tickets you may be able to leave with a great prize from the arcade.
10. Last but not least, seeing that Sarasota is known as an art community, it wouldn’t be right to visit without seeing a local play. This would be perfect for date night for those who enjoy the art of acting and music. Check out Van Wezel and the Players Centre for upcoming events and plays.
Planning your stay on the Gulf Coast
That concludes our list of top 10 Date night activities in Sarasota. Sarasota offers so much more than what is listed above but this is a good starting point for those couples coming to visit. If you are planning a trip soon with your significant other we would love to have you, check out our rentals in the Sarasota area. Our rentals are located near all the local area shopping, entertainment and beaches. Need some help planning? No worries, give us a call and we would be happy to help.