When visiting any destination, there are some things all visitors must try. However, there are also things off the beaten path that not everyone may know about. On your next stay in Venice, Florida, spend time exploring downtown, but also take some time to find the hidden gems in this Gulf Coast town. You never know what you might stumble upon when you embark on adventures from your Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals home.
5 of the Best-Kept-Secret Things to Do
The charming seaside town of Venice is filled with countless things to do, including some that not every visitor may know about. To experience all that makes this town so special, try to find some of these hidden gems on your next escape.
- If you’ve timed your visit right, your trip might just fall over the same weekend as the Venice Mercato. The European-style vintage market is filled with incredible treasures waiting for you to take them home.
- Looking for shark sculptures isn’t a hidden thing to do, but the sharks themselves are. There are 10 sculptures throughout Venice that only measure about 10 inches long, so you have to keep your eyes open for them.
- After going for a spin on Venice’s bike trails, stop by Off-Trail Bike & Brew’ for a cold one. Not only can you sample some of the 40 drafts, but you can even rent your bike from here.
- Get your photo in front of the Venice MainStreet’s “Venice, Florida” mural, which is found on the corner of West Venice Avenue and Nassau Street South.
- While the sandy shoreline isn’t necessarily a hidden gem, what you can find there is. The beaches in Venice are home to a seemingly endless supply of fossilized shark teeth. We recommend looking at the beach access points south of the Venice Jetty or the fishing pier at Brohard Park.
You never know what other treasures you might come across, so be sure to take your time wandering town. We recommend traveling on two feet or two wheels to give yourself the best chance of finding some of the best-kept-secret things to do in Venice.
Have an Unforgettable Gulf Coast Escape
Between looking for hidden gems to checking out must-see attractions, there’s no shortage of things to do in Venice, Florida. Be close to it all while having a relaxing place to call home by booking your getaway with Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals. Our Venice rentals have all the comforts of home, which means you won’t have any trouble unwinding after a day of fun. Call 941-877-5588 to learn more.