Calling all golf lovers, are you ready to take that golf getaway you have been planning for? Have you been planning but not quite sure where to go? Don’t waste any more time, visit Bradenton/Sarasota for endless golf options that you won’t be disappointed with.
Florida offers more than your typical gorgeous beaches, amazing weather and awesome lifestyle, it is home to some of the best courses around. The sport of golf elevates Florida’s sunshine and scenery to a whole other level. With challenging yet fun fairways, playable and well-managed greens, and an awesome selection of shots, you are bound to have a blast playing golf on the gulf coast. With well over 50 golf courses in the Bradenton/ Sarasota area, it may be a struggle to find the best courses around. Rather than have you do the research yourselves we have listed below our top 5 golf courses in the area. This will ensure your golf getaway planning goes nice and smooth.
Top 5 Golf Courses
- University Park Country Club Most noteworthy and rated four stars by Golf Digest, University Park Country Club has been voted Best Place Play Golf by Sarasota Magazine for 23 years. Golfers can enjoy 27 holes of championship golf designed by Ron Garl. In addition, each 18-hole combination has its own distinct set of challenges and no two rounds are ever the same. With lush fairways, natural woodlands and native habitats you are bound to create a playing experience unlike any other.
- Waterlefe Golf & River Club This golf course is situated along side the Manatee River with wide expanses of immaculate marshes and coves throughout the course. So don’t be surprised by all of the you wildlife you may see on this course. You may even spot manatees popping up for air on the 15th hole. This course features 18-holes, and a competitive layout presents a challenge for golfers of all skill levels. There are also five sets of tees ranging in length from 4700 to 6908 yards. Additional amenities include an aqua range, practice putting green, full-service pro shop, grille room and beverage cart service.
- River Strand River Strand Golf Course is one to catch the eye. Designed by Mr. Hills, this 27 hole golf course is set in a natural environment. With gorgeous palm trees and holes intertwined in estuaries and live oaks the scenic views are unforgettable. In addition this course features a nice mix of river holes and sets a challenging twist to the game. The course is very well maintained and features Tif-eagle greens. Additional amenities include a snack bar and clubhouse dining facilities.
- Esplanade You’ll love Esplanade’s recently opened 18-hole championship course. The golf course features amazing views and tee locations for all players. This course is challenging yet friendly making it suitable for all types of skill leveled players. Furthermore, this course is designed by award winning C.W Golf Architecture. With awesome greens and the natural beauty this course offers you are bound to enjoy a game of golf like never before.
- Legacy Golf Club This 18 hole championship golf course is an award winning Arnold Palmer golf course. Legacy has earned a reputation as one of the most premier, upscale courses in the Southwest region. Elevated multiple tees, 360 foot wide fairways and well managed greens makes this course one not to forget. Also, almost every hole on this course is framed with water and sand making it a thrilling challenge.
Planning Your Golf Getaway
Finally, with many of our vacation homes on or near these golf courses, planning your golf getaway will be a breeze. All other courses in the area are only a 10-15 minute drive away. Don’t spend your nights cramped in a hotel, check out our list of comfortable vacation homes here. If you would like additional preferences on golf courses leave us a comment and we would be happy to share our other course favorites in the area.