One of the best things to do on vacation is to spend a day doing nothing. You can do just that lounging by the pool or enjoying a movie day at your home or condo from Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals. However, you can also treat yourself to some R&R soaking in the sunshine at one of the numerous beaches in Sarasota and beyond.
The Top Sandy Spots on Florida’s Gulf Coast
Thanks to its coastal location, it should come as no surprise there are miles of sandy shoreline just waiting for visitors and locals to relax on. However, while there’s nothing more relaxing than lying on your towel soaking in the sunshine, the beaches in Sarasota and the surrounding area are also great for other activities. Let your visits to beaches earn you prizes through the Beach Pass Program.
- Head to Venice to spend the day at Caspersen Beach. This spot is one of the longest stretches of beach along Sarasota County’s shoreline, still in its natural state. There are hiking paths and boardwalks perfect for bird-watching.
- If you have any nature lovers in your group, you must visit Manasota Beach, home to mangroves and sand dunes. Another beach in this area is Blind Pass Beach, which rests between the Gulf and the bay.
- Anna Maria Beach, found on the island\’s northern tip, is one of the best-kept secrets in the area. While this beach doesn\’t have much in the way of facilities, it has plenty of sandy shorelines to explore.
- One of the most popular beaches in the region is Siesta Beach, found on Siesta Key. There is no shortage of amenities at this spot, including pickleball spurts, a concession stand, a playground, and more.
- For those visiting with pets, Brohard Paw Park is the county’s only dog-friendly beach. Let your pup play in the surf or play fetch on the sandy shores with the perfect sick. There are dog waste bags and receptacles, as well as drinking fountains for humans and dogs.
Kick Back and Relax at a Sarasota Rental
Be close to some of the best things to do and see in Sarasota, including beaches and shopping spots, by making your home base a Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals property. Whether traveling with friends, family, or alone, we have the perfect Sarasota vacation rental.
Our inventory includes everything from cottages to villas, homes to condos. No matter which rental you reserve, you’ll have a spacious and relaxing place to call home. Learn more about tour vacation rentals in some of the best Gulf Coast towns by calling 941-877-5588.