Sarasota is known for sandy beaches and tranquil waters, but there’s more to this Florida town. There is a delicious food scene, world-class golf courses, cultural attractions, and more just waiting for you. Explore the area around your rental from Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals to get the most out of your getaway. If you want a break from thrilling adventures like a kayak expedition or spending time on the beach, go shopping in downtown Sarasota.
A Downtown Sarasota Shopping Checklist
Whether you are looking for a mall filled with luxury brands or something more unique, there’s no shortage of malls to check out during a little retail therapy.
- St. Armand’s Circle is a unique shopping center. Explore the shops in each quadrant to discover luxury finds at stores like Alexander Fine Jewelry, Beach House Sarasota, Cotton Club, and more.
- Visit The Mall at University Town Center and spend the day wandering in and out of shops, including Arhaus, Dillard’s, Flopeds, and Louis Vuitton. Be sure to check out what stores have sales and deals beforehand.
If you are looking for something more local, venture away from the malls to Palm Avenue and Main Street, two corridors known for their shops, like
- Explore local antique stores like Burke Antiques.
- Discover local talent at an art gallery like Art Uptown Gallery, Dabbert Gallery, or William Hartman Gallery.
- You may have to buy another suitcase to hold all the goodies you find at local clothing and accessories stores like Evelyn & Arthur, J. McLaughlin, and Lotus Boutique.
- If you need a new read out on the beach, stop by A. Parker’s Books and Book Bazaar.
There’s more to discover, so don’t be afraid to just park your car or bike somewhere and walk around. You never know what sort of shops and boutiques you might find.