With miles of sandy shoreline and countless attractions, Sarasota is the ideal destination for anyone looking to relax and soak in the sunshine. This town along Florida’s Gulf Coast is ideal for everyone from families to couples, and the perfect place to stay is at a rental from Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals. With properties throughout town, our units put you near some of the top unique things to do in Sarasota that’ll make memories to last a lifetime.
What to Do on a Vacation in Sarasota
Found on the southern tip of the Tampa Bay area, Sarasota is also known as Circus City. With a nickname like that, it is no surprise that there is no shortage of fun activities and attractions to discover.
- No visit to Sarasota is complete without visiting the Ringling Estate. Wander exhibits filled with incredible works of art, circus history, and more.
- Spend time on the wild side at Sarasota Jungle Gardens. Open 363 days a year, this family-friendly attraction is home to a number of exhibits that’ll have you learning about a variety of animals.
- Do a bit of retail therapy with a shopping trip downtown. Two of the best destinations are St. Armand’s Circle and The Mall at University Town Center.
- Spend time out on the open waters on a kayaking excursion. For a self-guided outing, check out a rental from local services like Adventure Kayak Outfitters. If you’re looking for a guided tour, you have several options to choose from, including Ultimate Kayak SRQ.
- Visit the Selby Gardens downtown campus. The 15-acre spot is dedicated to studying and displaying tropical plants like orchids and ferns.
- See who can come out on top as you play your way through Smuggler’s Cove Adventure Golf. The Sarasota location features 18 holes of adventure golf and traps like caves, waterfalls, and live alligators.
- Go on a free tour of the Siesta Key Rum distillery to see how this local spot creates world-class spirits.
Start Planning Your Florida Getaway
With so many unique things to do in Sarasota, you need a relaxing place to call home. That’s exactly what you get when you stay at a Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals property. Our Sarasota accommodations have all the comforts of home while being close to top attractions and activities.
Every rental is unique, and the best way to learn which property is the best fit is by calling 844-548-5637. Our inventory also includes rentals in other Gulf Coast communities like Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, and Venice. Don’t forget to check out our current specials before booking your stay.